Arborwear Director of Operations
Operational Professionals: Be Part of Our Growing Success!
Do you have a love for the outdoors and a passion for leadership? Arborwear is searching for a Director of Operations who can lead the company's operational efforts through the company's next growth phase, and beyond! The Director of Operations is responsible for strategic and day to day management of our warehouse, including: budget oversight, cost control, inventory and distribution. It's a time of exciting change in the company and you will play an instrumental role in leading these efforts as we continue to grow year over year. If this sounds like you, apply today!
About Arborwear: We are makers of honest, hardworking clothing for people who work hard and play hard outdoors. We started as arborists — folks that take care of trees and evolved into clothing makers, because there wasn't anything available in the marketplace that met the needs of our profession. Based in Chagrin Falls, OH, making honest, hardworking clothing remains our passion. Because we believe in helping people work safely, comfortably, and confidently and we continue to pay careful attention to detail including fit, fabric, and function.
Things You'll Love to Do
- Stamp Operations with your own personal brand of Leadership and Success! You will provide day-to-day leadership of the Operations team including the selection, coaching, development and evaluation of team members.
- Run a lean ship! You know how to develop and execute an operating budget to ensure results align with expectations. This budget includes warehouse receiving, operation, and distribution activities serving all vertical markets identified within the company’s business plan.
- Foster a high-performance, collaborative culture within the team through leadership, coaching, training, and communication.
- An Operations wizard, you love analyzing and improving warehouse capabilities. And you have the expertise to develop strategies and implement plans that will improve and standardize all aspects of Operations.
- Direct the overall activities of the warehouse to ensure customer orders are received, scheduled, produced and shipped at the lowest possible cost to meet the customers' requirements while maintaining corporate established quality standards.
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Ensure compliance with government regulations in the areas of employee safety and practices.
- Ensure that appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs) are developed and maintained for all aspects of the business.
- Implement safety programs and ensures compliance with leading distribution practices.
- Coordinate warehouse activities through planning with departmental managers to ensure company’s overall objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of Arborwear’s product assortment and key items.
Who You Are
- A Pick-Pack-Ship aficionado who can implement leading practices in our operations, from a process, people and technology perspective.
- A proven leader with experience transforming operations and leading teams to achieve higher levels of performance.
- You've received training in and applied Lean Six Sigma or other continuous improvement methodologies in your past work.
- Bachelor Degree in General Business or related field.
- An established record in identifying and achieving financial goals to support company profitability.
- 5 years experience with the Warehouse, Distribution, and specifically Pick/Pack/Ship operations.
- Experience working with capital investments including ROI calculations and project management.
- Established experience in building annual budgets, managing and reporting results, identifying and instituting changes to the business to either maximize profitability or mitigate actuals that fall below expectations.
- Experience with warehouse inventory management software preferred.
- The adventure of a lifetime with a high-performing and fun team! We work hard and play hard, just like our clothing! And you'll play an instrumental role in our continued growth and expansion.
- An attractive compensation and benefits package that is commensurate with your experience and expertise.
- A challenging role in a dynamic environment with opportunities to grow your career while utilizing your expertise to serve and partner with a diverse group of stakeholders.