Exceptional Number Cruncher Needed to Be Part of Our Growth Story
Arborwear is experiencing rapid growth, and we’ve established a new Controller position to ensure we keep our house in order in terms of strategic oversight of all of the company’s financial activities. If you’re intrigued by us and this opportunity, read on!
The Controller has day to day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial related activities for the company. These activities include accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, legal, property management, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relations and partnership compliance, and institutional financing. If this is the type of challenge you’re looking for, apply today!
About Arborwear: We are makers of honest, hardworking clothing for people who work hard and play hard outdoors. We started as arborists — folks that take care of trees and evolved into clothing makers, because there wasn't anything available in the marketplace that met the needs of our profession. Based in Chagrin Falls, OH, making honest, hardworking clothing remains our passion. Because we believe in helping people work safely, comfortably, and confidently and we continue to pay careful attention to detail including fit, fabric, and function.
Things You Love to Do
- Manage all aspects of accounting; billing, financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, cash disbursements, accounts receivable, customer credits and collections, budgeting, tax compliance, inventory accounting, cost accounting, and revenue recognition.
- Provide day to day leadership of Finance and Accounting team including the selection, supervision, training, and evaluation of team members.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; and recommending plans.
- Maintain documented system of accounting policies and operations.
- Oversee all payments made for debts, bank loans, and other large quantities of money.
- Monitor cash and funding balances.
- Keep an organized filing system of all accounts, statements, transactions, payments, and debts.
- Prepare and organize financial statements for record and review.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual financial reports.
- Complying with all local, state, and federal laws regarding finances, tax filings, and reporting.
- Performs financial analyses and advises on decision-making regarding capital investments, pricing, contract negotiations, significant costs, benchmarks, and other matters with management.
- Manages commercial banking relationships to facilitate an appropriate credit resource under highly competitive terms.
- Ensuring company complies with all additional legal and regulatory requirements in areas of responsibility.
- Interface with outside audit firms(s), banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agent(s), credit card companies, and collection agencies.
Who You Are
- Excels at leading a small team with a high willingness to roll up their sleeves and dig into details
- A key member of the leadership team providing insight and recommendations where you see opportunities.
- Thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Can independently lead our cash management, accounting and corporate finance functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and a get it done attitude.
What You Need to Have
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- CPA Accounting Certification.
- 7 to 10 years finance industry experience; experience in a team leadership role.
- Proficiency with accounting software systems.
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations.
- Excellent organizational, communication and leadership skills.
- Established experience in Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communications and comprehension skills required.
What You’ll Gain In Return
- The opportunity to work shoulder to shoulder with a high performing team! We work hard and play hard, just like our clothing! And you'll play an instrumental role in our continued growth and expansion.
- An attractive compensation and benefits package that is commensurate with your experience and expertise.
- A leadership position in a dynamic environment with the opportunity to make your mark on our financial management, reporting and decision making.