Top Hat Valet, Shift Supervisor
Top Hat Valet will soon take over the operation of the Renaissance Hotel valet operation in downtown Toledo, and we are looking for responsible, motivated Shift Supervisors to assist our Manager overseeing this operation. This is a 24 hour per day, 7 day per week operation and we have all shifts available. Your work will be critical in ensuring the team meets its goals of efficiency and customer satisfaction.
Ideal candidates will be leaders with a strong focus on excellent customer service experiences. You should also be organized and excel at solving problems. Interpersonal and mediation skills will be very useful, since you’ll often be acting as a point of contact between the manager, employees and customers.
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the service experience for hotel guests meets or exceeds company and client expectations. This position is responsible for troubleshooting and providing guidance to the valet team when the manager is not onsite. This role is also responsible for completing daily shift paperwork.
With over 70 years of experience in the parking service industry, Top Hat Valet management serves a diverse set of clients for their valet parking needs. Top Hat Valet is a locally owned company offering premier parking and guarantees our services, our people, and our performance.
- Directs all frontline associates, including cashiers and valets, while on duty.
- Ensures customer service and operating standards are met during shift.
- Collects, deposits and reports daily revenue on a consolidated basis and reviews cashier reports for accuracy and completeness on a daily basis.
- Responsible for resolving those customer concerns that are escalated to his/her attention by the facility’s front line associates.
- Responsible for documenting Incident Forms and conducting incident investigations as directed by his/her Operations Manager.
- Assist customers and their passengers in and out of their vehicles, including helping them with their luggage and/or personal items.
- Control traffic on the drive to ensure a smooth flow at all times while ensuring the drive itself is safe for pedestrians.
- Assist with the maintenance and appearance of parking equipment and report any malfunctions or safety hazards to direct supervisor.
- Maintain a need and orderly valet stand and drive at all times, free of debris and trash with clean windows void of unapproved company posters or decorative hangings.
- Provide the company’s standards of service with each customer including maintaining the required uniform appearance, stating the company greeting, answering questions, resolving issues and thanking each customer upon exit.
- High School degree required.
- Previous customer service supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications and comprehension skills, required.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to provide customer resolution in a professional and friendly manner.
- Ability to safely drive an automatic transmission vehicle, ability to drive standard shift vehicle preferred.
- Ability to maintain a professional and friendly demeanor when working with other employees and the parking customer.
- Competitive compensation package including tips.
- An opportunity to work with top industry professionals who have a proven track record of success through continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Develop your career while contributing to the company’s over all success in meaningful and valuable ways.